Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Barron’s patent padlock

Interested in any info about my padlocks that anyone spots. The Barron one which is GR I assume is George V? Does anyone have a good picture of an in patent time Barron’s padlock?

thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	20918
    Last edited by Huw Eastwood; 01-03-19 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Target picture added & iCloud Link removed

Simon you need to upload your photos direct to the site, in preference to posting links to iCloud or host sites. Here's how;
    https://www.antique-locks.com/showth...-to-your-posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Eastwood View Post
    Simon you need to upload your photos direct to the site, in preference to posting links to iCloud or host sites. Here's how;
    From an iPad/iPhone this doesn’t work well as there is a 2mb limit on size - be good to raise that so can load hi resolution photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Eastwood View Post
    Ps thanks for uploading photo.

Any input on my original message? Thanks for your time

Quote Originally Posted by simoncpage View Post
    Interested in any info about my padlocks that anyone spots. The Barron one which is GR I assume is George V? Does anyone have a good picture of an in patent time Barron’s padlock?

thanks

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	20918
    Hi Simon, nice to see you’ve started collecting padlocks as well as keys. I told you this collecting carry on is addictive. Just be aware that there are far more padlocks copied than keys! But it’s nice to see your collection is growing 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Warren63 View Post
    Hi Simon, nice to see you’ve started collecting padlocks as well as keys. I told you this collecting carry on is addictive. Just be aware that there are far more padlocks copied than keys! But it’s nice to see your collection is growing 😃
    Hi Mark

yep I had kind of got into them from the Barron’s keys I had collected. I’ve got 5 currently. But I really want to get some more information and see some pictures of the in patent ones. However I’m been warned that most collectors of them are rather reserved. Which is a shame. No one has replied to this thread so I’m assuming this is why. Was hoping to work out which George my padlock is, my WR one is easy as with VR etc...

Cool

Well I will kick this off and hopefully more people will follow...

1778 Barron’s patent padlock used in a jail:

Name:	E1596839-FDE0-45B7-AE64-D003CE344120.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	385.3 KB 
ID:	20920

Hello Simon,

The GR would signify George III or George IV, so it's actually a very early Barron's padlock. Is the key original? If so, you've got a good one there.

What types of keys do you collect? Your display shows some really nice ones.

Quote Originally Posted by biblioclef View Post
    Hello Simon,

The GR would signify George III or George IV, so it's actually a very early Barron's padlock. Is the key original? If so, you've got a good one there.

What types of keys do you collect? Your display shows some really nice ones.
    From what I can tell the key is original. I have a WR marked padlock too and you can tell the key for that is later maybe Victorian. See photo attached to right.

I collect all sorts of keys most interested in bizarre or unusual keys more than anything but I collect anything from kind of 18th century on - I’m not a fan of Roman / much older keys though.

I’ve attached a selection of my file tray collection which happens to be filled with key, below I have about 14 trays in total with keys ranging from English, French, German, Spanish, Italian etc. I’m going to put another post together with some unusual ones.

Thanks

Name:	2B8173BB-1DF1-4C3F-9F1A-1D62F869B216.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	748.1 KB 
ID:	20963

Thread Information