Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The dead stop position of the dial has nothing to do with the relationship of the LOBC index and the opening index. It is the angular difference of the two index marks that is important. Also make sure that any connection arms or brackets from the time lock into the comb lock are removed. There has to be something that connects the two as it is the timelock that allows the comb lock to function after the timelock winds down.

If you look at Fig 5 drawing on the patent, the small "e" is the location the wheel gates must align to. And I would position the drive wheel gate to that location as well. You could drill through the backside of the combination lock in between the spindle hole and the staked on wheel post. Just make sure not to drill too close to the wheels so you don't remove any gear teeth.

Doug,

I finally got it! Using my new scope I was able to watch the tumblers and map out what the dial number should have been for each correct tumbler position. I was able to come up with the correct combination. My secondary mark is 38 points to the right. In my inexperience I thought I only had to move the gear drive back to that position. It finally dawned on me that you were telling me to move every tumbler 38 points.

Sorry I was so slow to catch that. No holes drilled! I am so excited. It had become a war between me and that lock. Thank you so much for your patience and guidance.

You are a great asset to your organization.

Now it's on to the other lock. Unfortunately, I cannot see the tumblers at all in that one. May have to drill a hole to see them. Cannot get the lock out of the door either because the arm is too long to let it come out. Ready for the next task.

Thanks again,
    Doug

Thread Information