Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Yale & Towne K 31 1/2 Time Lock Question

Hi,
    I am a new member restoring my first safe. I have a Manganese Safe Company safe with two Yale & Towne K 31 1/2 time locks. Number 889 with time piece 17.534 and 17.535 and number 892 with time piece 17.550 and 17.551.

The first lock has a short arm and was easy to get out of the inner door and I was able to see the screw inside the lock to get the arm off. However, the second lock has a long arm. Because of the length of the arm the lock will not come out of the door. I cannot see the screw that holds this arm in place and therefore cannot remove the lock from the door.

I think I need to get in to the lock itself to get the arm disconnected but I cannot figure out how to get the two main body pieces of the lock apart. Can anyone please advise me how to get the arm disconnect and how to get the two pieces of the lock body apart?

I will post pictures of the locks. Thank you very much for your time!

Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0-9.jpeg   0-7.jpeg   0-8.jpeg   0-10.jpeg   0-11.jpeg  

Thread Information