Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Looking for a couple key blanks to fit the Yale Fidelity

Hi Team, I am in need of a couple of key blanks to fit the Larger of the 2 Yale Fidelity push key padlocks. there is a large & small version of this series.... The 635 also takes the same blank............................................. ..slight offset only, NO RIPPLES... I have machined a couple of flat keys thin enough on the surface grinder to fit, but would rather have an offset key..I can make a die & press a couple, but only need 2 or 3..
    This key has a slight offset & is NOT the one's that I searched for previously.........donnie

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Hi Team, I am in need of a couple of key blanks to fit the Larger of the 2 Yale Fidelity push key padlocks. there is a large & small version of this series.... The 635 also takes the same blank............................................. ..slight offset only, NO RIPPLES... I have machined a couple of flat keys thin enough on the surface grinder to fit, but would rather have an offset key..I can make a die & press a couple, but only need 2 or 3..
    This key has a slight offset & is NOT the one's that I searched for previously.........donnie
    Old Yale 26 crosses to Graham 2790, Old Ilco 1294 and Keil 210A if that helps any. All are unfortunately
    l-o-n-g obsolete, see thumbnail attached.

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OldYale26keyBlank.jpg  

Default need a couple key blanks for a Yale Fidelity

Thanks for the reply & the information.....key #'s by other manufactures. & THE PHOTO !!

Hopefully someone will recognize the PHOTO that you posted & be able to help me......PHOTO IS VERY HELPFUL.......donnie........

are these like the vulcan? is there a key # i have not any blanks but have a 121-a 127,a 73,a 85 that fit the vulcan 2"
    still looking

Default need a couple key blanks

Yes Nathan, the 2" Fidelity, Vulcan & 635 all use the same blank....the only # that I am sure of at the moment that I need is a # 79....
    Perhaps I could weld the other cut keys closed & recut them.. once I get the lock open I use nails from a strip of nails that are used in a nail gun to make a model / profile that works, taping them together, then transfer that to a blank... a couple that I need keys for have no key identification anywhere on the lock? If you have any that are not cut too deep, I may be able to file them off & recut them, or with any luck they may just work....If you wan to part with them, Let me know what you want for them & I will send $$..........donnie
    The 605 which I need blanks for also is DIFFERENT , it has 1/2 of the bitting end rippled & 1/2 flat..

Sorry I can't do pictures........ I have a difficult time getting them from my camera to the forum
    I have done it a few times in the past, but it usually gives me a fit

Pete has helped me a LOT with photos of the blanks that I need & numbers also for anyone with some OLD STOCK..thanks Pete

the 605 and baffler take the same blank and i do not have any. looking for the blanks i found some more locks that 2 of the keys fit.
    i have some 1222b flat keys that might work. cut off the end and mill about .003 from opposite sides. i think you have to mill up about 1/2" on each side.
    the 1222b almost fits in,they are .050x.360 if you think they will work for you i can send them to you,think i better hang on to the fidelety ones.
    the fidelity ones from stop to end are 7/16" then shorter in the center,not much room to cut down and cut down the stops to.here is a couple of pictures that might help
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0201191453_Film4.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	20817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0201191843_Film4.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	20818Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0201191845_Film4.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	20819Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0201191846_Film4.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	20820if the 1222b will work for you ,you can have them,sorry none that your looking for.

finished looking,i can send you 2 of the keys and 3 of the 1222b if you like ?
    i found another vulcan that a key fit.

these are not what your looking for,but i could not post om pm,? are these similar to the small ptpk's referenced ? if so i have a few jma and other blanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0209191611_Film4.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	20839thank you

Default need a couple key blanks

Yes, these are what I mentioned........ I will send them to you this week............donnie

sounds good and i just semt you a PM

Thread Information