Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Help with value and what I have inharited.

I inherited a box of locks. I have no idea if I have just run of the mill locks or something of value. I will for sure be keeping the Detroit sheet metal works Grand Rapids & Indiana Rail road lock. I did polish it up. Thanks for any help

Pictures of before
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190117_093402[1].jpg   20190117_093407[1].jpg  

after
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01102.JPG   DSC01103.JPG   DSC01104.JPG   DSC01105.JPG  

Default The other locks I inharited

picks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01071.JPG   DSC01072.JPG  

Default Help with value and what I have inharited.

Nice padlock. Just to remind you as went you clean those padlock with wire brush and polish you will lose the value of the padlock. it some case almost most people will tell you leave the padlock as is it and will get more value for it....Timothy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Nice padlock. Just to remind you as went you clean those padlock with wire brush and polish you will lose the value of the padlock. it some case almost most people will tell you leave the padlock as is it and will get more value for it....Timothy.....
    That is true with almost all things. But the one I polished [I used car polish and a buffing pad not wire brush] I am keeping and to me its much better polished. I did not polish the others I am selling on my Etsy account. They are as you see them. If I had not polished the brass one I would not have made out the GR&I RR and Detroit Sheet Metal Works. To me its very eye catching now. Can I ask the other locks is there anything of out of the ordinary value?

Thread Information