Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Chubb Padlock Information

Hi I have been trying to find out roughly what year this padlock is from and approximately how much it would be worth. It is 4 inches high, 2 and 3/4 inches wide and 1 inch in depth. Weight 900 grams without the key. It has the number 069 on the back but I am not sure you can see it clearly on the photograph. It locks and unlocks easily and has one key. I would be grateful for any information anyone can give me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo 2.JPG   Photo 3.JPG  

Safes Strongrooms & Vaults

Your padlock is a 1K21 known as the Cruiser, a very long standing product from the Chubb range,, in fact still produced but now only under the Union brand name.A quick search on eBay and filter to 'sold' listings will give a realistic idea of similar values. There's always demand for working examples (with key)as useable workhorses for locking garages, workshops and motorbikes etc as they are well recognised as a reliable solid lock.

Hi Huw, many thanks for the information. It was really useful.

Still a good strong lock, durable for outside use, even if not fashionable. It will outlast many of the extruded brass pintumbler padlocks.

Default As has been said...

It is a Cruiser, and dated 1960. (I know this is a very late post, but still worth posting)

Thread Information