Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Chatwood Milner Bank Vaults

Hi There,

My name is Dan and i live in Broadstairs, Kent. I'm in the process of leasing an old Lloyds Bank. The bank is Victorian and has 4 vaults, 3 are large walk in ones and the other is a smaller vault. 2 large are Chatwood Milner, 1 small is Ratner i'm unsure of other one.

I have attached some pics, i have better ones which i will upload once i finish work.

I'd like to preserve the vaults and display information about them on the walls for the public, so any help at all would be really appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0063.jpeg   IMG_0065.jpeg   IMG_0067.jpeg   IMG_0083.jpeg  

We look forward to more pictures (and the serial numbers from edge of door/hinge/lock would be helpful), but I think the vaults were either refurbished or probably added to over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gordon View Post
    We look forward to more pictures (and the serial numbers from edge of door/hinge/lock would be helpful), but I think the vaults were either refurbished or probably added to over time.

Thanks Tom, I’ll look for serial numbers and take some photos. Yes, your correct the bank was extended and a large vault installed in more recent times.

Thread Information