Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default info on YALE cabinet lock marked 39B-357

hi all,
    looking for info and a possible key for this YALE cabinet or drawer lock. This is off an old circa 1930-40 Bradley penny arcade machine of which I'm missing the key.
    Lock is marked 39B-357 which I assume is a model number or possible key code.
    any info would be appreciated.
    thanks,
    john
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2575.JPG   IMG_2576.JPG   IMG_2578.JPG   IMG_2579.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by jptech View Post
    hi all,
    looking for info and a possible key for this YALE cabinet or drawer lock. This is off an old circa 1930-40 Bradley penny arcade machine of which I'm missing the key.
    Lock is marked 39B-357 which I assume is a model number or possible key code.
    any info would be appreciated.
    thanks,
    john
    Your lock appears to be similar, but not identical; to the old Yale R300 drawer lock found on pg. 149 of Yale & Towne Cat. 26 dated 1929, see thumbnail attached. I note that yours is marked Made in England thus apparently sourced from Yale UK. Any competent locksmith can easily impression a key for your lock. Flat steel keys are not typically originated from the code number.

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YaleR300drawerLock.jpg  

Not sure but the way I look at the keyway it more like disc tumbler lock. Maybe Y11 key blank will work. Like said may be wrong or bad eye looking at it...Timothy

Sorry my bad...Pete right I'm wrong.....

thanks to all for the info received, I'll take this lock to a good locksmith and see what they say about getting a key made - john

Bingo - LOCK OPENED, thanks to all the experts out there on this great website and the cool lock impressioning info off the Internet, I was able to create a temp key out of old pcb material that actually opened the lock !!!
    I've got proper blanks on order and I think I should be able to duplicate this one.

forgot pics !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yale lock impressioned key 001.JPG   yale lock impressioned key 002.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by jptech View Post
    forgot pics !!!
    Took Old Yale S155 blank which was .049" thick x .300" wide, Ilco 1224 which is .050" thick x .300" wide should be a perfect match.

Pete Schifferli

thanks pete

Thread Information