Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default need a couple key blanks

Hello all, I'm in need of a couple of key blanks for a Baffler & 605 Yale Push key Padlock.... Both take the same style key.. The only # that I
    have is an Ilco 1403
    I know these are long out of production, but am hoping that someone may have one or two hanging around... ALL HELP APPRECIATED
    ............................Donnie.....................

do you have any pictures of those padlocks/keyways/etc..? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Hello all, I'm in need of a couple of key blanks for a Baffler & 605 Yale Push key Padlock.... Both take the same style key.. The only # that I
    have is an Ilco 1403
    I know these are long out of production, but am hoping that someone may have one or two hanging around... ALL HELP APPRECIATED
    ............................Donnie.....................
    That is indeed an obscure blank. I could find no listing for Ilco 1403 in my historical references and Blackhawk KBX says "no known substitutions". My Yale Catalog No. 26 (c)1929 says the 605 padlock takes Yale No. 605 key blank, see thumbnail attached; does this look like it? The second thumbnail is of the No. 605 padlock.

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OldYale605keyBlank2.jpg   OldYale605padlock.jpg  

Default need a couple key blanks

YES, Pete, that is what I'm looking for........ I'll even settle for cut keys as I can fill them in & recut....having trouble getting a photo up

But your illustration is helpful THANK YOU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Donnie

Thread Information