Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nathanbonstein View Post
    Cando,did you find one of these yet ? i recieved another one BUT i lost my space and depth keys 2-5 found the n and f keys if you would like one let me know ?
    i will make up the missing keys later and then cut them for both these,it will be awhile,or if you want i can send one without key i wrote the cuts on the bottom

Attachment 20808Attachment 20809Attachment 20810
    No, I haven't found one yet.
    I'd like to get one from you, any idea of how long it will take to get the key made?
    Any idea of what the cost will be including postage?
    Would it be easier to wait and get you to send the lock and key together?
    In the meantime I can pay for the lock and just wait.

i have the info for the key so when i make up my depth keys i will cut it and send it to you.In the meantime i will send you a lock and i am not sure of the time on the key. been going out of state and been busy. you still at the address i have ?

i have the info for the key so when i make up my depth keys i will cut it and send it to you.In the meantime i will send you a lock and i am not sure of the time on the key. been going out of state and been busy. you still at the address i have ?
    Yes same address.

just dropped it off at post office,also incuded other info.
    it will be awhile on key,i been between vegas and here 2-3 times a week
    enjoy

your 893 fg29, if it is flat key might try blank #74 if oval it should be #84 . fg29 should convert to f 629 i only can find up to 1-625 and it only uses 1-4 cuts,a lot of these codes use a 5 cut,i do not have.
    enjoy the lock ,i have not been able to get the ilco #1 blank from any supplier now ,it is still listed in ilco catalog 12 sec 2 p70 ? have not found the 88 or 188 blanks reasonable either. here is a photo of some yale blanks. i am looking for the 74 blank picture,but did not find it yet there is a couple of blank # under the yale #

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0209191219_Film4.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	20837

found it .060x.450 flat steel,hope picture is clear enough
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0209191339_Film4.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	20838

found it .060x.450 flat steel,hope picture is clear enough
    Here is a better image of No. 74, it appears that the number was later changed to 3217; all are obsolete but Ilco 1210A found on Pg. 6 of Sec. 6a of Ilco key Blank Directory, 12th Edition looks like a good match.
    With reference to Ilco #1, it does not appear in the Ilco Price List dated 9/1/18 and I suspect that it is no longer extant and was listed in the Directory in error. I'll check with my contact at Ilco in Rocky Mount to see what I can find out.

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OldYale74keyBlank.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Pschiffe View Post
    Here is a better image of No. 74, it appears that the number was later changed to 3217; all are obsolete but Ilco 1210A found on Pg. 6 of Sec. 6a of Ilco key Blank Directory, 12th Edition looks like a good match.
    Pete Schifferli
    I have some 1210As Nathan, PM me if you would like me to send you a few; I have your snail mail address.

Pete Schifferli

Quote Originally Posted by Pschiffe View Post
    With reference to Ilco #1, it does not appear in the Ilco Price List dated 9/1/18 and I suspect that it is no longer extant and was listed in the Directory in error. I'll check with my contact at Ilco in Rocky Mount to see what I can find out.
    Pete Schifferli
    Here is what Ilco says about their #1 key blank:
    This key is flagged "to be discontinued" but we currently have inventory on this key. Once this inventory is gone we will no longer offer this key.
    Thus any Ilco distributor should be able to source this blank, subject to stock on hand.

Pete

thank you.Pete
    i just tried to order the #1 if any is left in stock from Anixter/Clark waiting on reply,i asked for 100 so hopefully there is still some available.
    really appreciate your help,i been trying for awhile.
    thank you

Thread Information