Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Union Switch and Signal Co.

Did Ames Sword ever manufacture these. I've searched a bit and found a few locks manufactured by Ames on ebay, but I've read little as to the legitimacy of thier manufacture. I did find a historical document on Ames, but no mention of locks. I appreciate any feedback.

Default Re: Union Switch and Signal Co.

Ames Sword Co. did indeed make padlocks.As to whether or not they made one for Union Switch and signal is hard to tell. Do you have a pic of the lock? The Ames locks have the company name and address and pat dates stamped in the bale. The locks were brass and very well made, but most of the ones i've seen were round bodies with nothing stamped or ingraved or raised on the bodies.Please post a pic. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Here are some pics. Thanks for your response Mark.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ames 1.jpg   Ames 2.jpg   Ames 3.jpg  

Does it say Ames Sword Co on the other side of the bale? It looks origional to me, nice find, Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

It says: AMES SWORD CO. CHICOPEE, MASS. U.S.A. PAT. SEPT. 19. 1882 on the other side. It's up for bid with a couple days left.

Thread Information