Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Unknown Squire dimple padlock

Any ideas about this Squire padlock?
    I've found loads of Stronghold in a stanard pin tumbler format, but have searched high and low for a dimple variant and I'm coming up totally blank.

Does anyone have any information about it, please?

No key I'm afraid, but it looks like 2 rows of dimples on both sides of the keyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_20181027_18_56_33_Pro[1].jpg   WP_20181027_18_57_26_Pro[1].jpg   WP_20181027_18_57_41_Pro[1].jpg  

Could be a Kaba or similar but could have been kit assembled to take any of the dimple-key euros- we used to get them unassembled and assemble them with shackle choice and cylinder choice pinned to whatever the customer wanted; kaba, evva GPI etc.

Thanks Huw, that's what I'd have thought, however, the double drain holes on the baseplate makes me think that it is not re-keyable and sold as a press-fit sealed unit.
    However, I've no idea, however that is just a guess based on what I have in front of me.

The wide open keyway with an abhorrent lack of any warding does feel Kaba-esque to me, mind.

What do the drain holes in the base of the cartridge have to do with whether its re-keyable or not, or a factory sealed unit? I assembled this one 15+years ago on evva GPI and have never used it. I've also got one I assembled on gemini somewhere.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	20361

All the padlocks that I have dealt with, that are rekeyable, usually have only one drain hole as the screw passes down through the shackle hole and then into the base plate which keeps the unit together. An American 1100 series, for example.

If there was a drain hole, there would be nothing to screw into, unless the screw fitted into the back of the core.

Sounds like you are onto something - how does yours fit together? I think that this is exactly how mine fits together.

It fits together exactly the same- with a screw down one side under the shackle.

I have see those padlock a few time. I was thinking maybe for Squire hardware. I did find web site but not sure if this same or not. < https://www.squirelocks.co.uk/ >

Also I know a while back, don't remember what post it was. The company that call Squire sell key blank per attached pdf. Maybe they may have blank key for the padlock....Timothy...

Attached Files Attached Files

Forgot to add. As looking into google under Squire key blank company there are some there. Here one for Dimple key: < https://www.sks.co.uk/jma-squire-cylinder-key-blank >.

Looking for Dimple key blank here:
    <https://www.sks.co.uk/key-blanks/household-keys/dimple >

Timoty.....

Thread Information