Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hopefully some of our US members will have more info on this safe. Check the lock and boltwork operation with the door open first several times to make sure everything works as it should. It is an old but quality safe. But if you are going to keep anything of serious value in it then check with your insurance company first.

Default Diebold Pearless

The lock is a Diebold Peerless indirect drive with 4 2 1/2" wheels. The gear train is pointed to the right .
    Now the safe is only worth what some collector is willing to pay for it. This safe i in the range of 3500 to 4000lbs . Hope this helps Tim

Default Glad it isnt in the Uk

Hi folks,

I said I would never restore another safe, but by golly if it was in the UK I would have trouble not getting seriously interested. As Stephane said it is art in itself and a missing timelock would be neither here not there.
    I hope someone takes it on, its worth preserving in so many ways.

Steve

Default safe

Thanks for your replies and information everyone. I just want to note that if there is anyone interested or willing to help me figure out how to move this thing I would definitely be willing to sell it and get rid of it. PM me if you have any interest!

Like I said before your biggest problem is where it is located in a basement. It would take some serious cribbing to try and get it up stairs, or set on its back and dragged up the stairs with a comealong or block and tackle arrangement. Once its out of the basement it would increase the value of it by at least $1000.00.

Default safe

Quote Originally Posted by jacobrules View Post
    Like I said before your biggest problem is where it is located in a basement. It would take some serious cribbing to try and get it up stairs, or set on its back and dragged up the stairs with a comealong or block and tackle arrangement. Once its out of the basement it would increase the value of it by at least $1000.00.
    Yep, that definitely makes sense. I am currently working with a local safe moving company to see if it is possible to get it out of there and up the stairs somehow. I am not sure how it even got down there in the first place. I will keep this updated as it might be helpful to learn if something like this can even be moved.

Thread Information