Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default chubb display board

Dug this one out from where it was resting in the loft. Lovely thing but the ring key is missing along with other odd bits, only three levers I the lock I opened up, I assume they were made this way so the would all work on the same key for display purposes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chubb showroom display board (1).jpg   chubb showroom display board (2).jpg   chubb showroom display board (3).jpg   chubb showroom display board (4).jpg   chubb showroom display board (5).jpg  

chubb showroom display board (6).jpg   chubb showroom display board (8).jpg   chubb showroom display board (9).jpg   chubb showroom display board (12).jpg   chubb showroom display board (14).jpg  

more pictures;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chubb showroom display board (16).jpg   chubb showroom display board (15).jpg  

Safes Strongrooms & Vaults

Very nice Gary, shame the signet ring key is missing from it. Seeing the trunk lock was a bit of a surprise, although I suppose to be expected. Used to see a few of the Gov/MoD issue bags/cases with the circular brass Chubb locks but had no idea they made a basic pattern trunk lock as well, certainly can't remember seeing one.

[QUOTE=Huw Eastwood;29839]Very nice Gary, shame the signet ring key is missing from it.

In case anyone wants to see what the ring key looks like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Key ring.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	20257

In the LOFT !!!! gary - I hope you have done a suitable pennace for such an act !

The use of the fly talon is nice, I've never seen that in a Chubb lock before.

Pity your missing the key - anyone know where it is ?

Thanks for the picture of the key, I may have to try and make one if I get some spare time. I don't know if there were multiple versions of this board in different showrooms, or just the one. I got it from one of the Chubb Croydon depot engineers who said it had come out of one of the London showrooms.
    The loft was a nice safe dry pace for it in my mind, one of these days I might get round to sorting out and displaying some of the stuff I have collected over the years.

Safes Strongrooms & Vaults

You won't have any trouble making one if you can find the time gary I've made a few over the years for Bramah type keys capped with different gemstones.

pictures please, always admire the stuff you have made Huw.

[QUOTE=Gary Stephenson;29907]Thanks for the picture of the key, I may have to try and make one if I get some spare time. I don't know if there were multiple versions of this board in different showrooms, or just the one. I got it from one of the Chubb Croydon depot engineers who said it had come out of one of the London showrooms.

Gary, here are some of examples of the original use of lock and padlock display units around the turn of the century. Apart from handbills and testimonials this was one of the only means of spreading product knowledge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chubb Exhibition.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	20258 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exhibition display.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	20259 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hobbs exhibition..jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	20260

Nice pics safeman, I’ve never seen them before. They would look lovely framed in my living room. Are they actually prints/photos in your possession ? or did you just came across them online somewhere I could copy them? Really nice to see them either way.

Thread Information