Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Folger Adam Key Information

I absolutely realize this is a long shot, but, I’ve worked in Corrections for 18 years and after my divorce, i started collecting Jail keys and locks. I have around 20 locks, and 150 keys. I know what facility most of the keys and locks came from and try to get historical items from the facility as well, especially if they are closed, many are. My question is, is there anyway to get any information off the Key Codes (Folger Adam) if nothing else identify the state the key is from?

Welcome and I do know that Folger Adam have made so many differ size of key. I think used to have catalog from Folger Adam but some where a long the line may have lost it. I don't think you going to find any key code from Folger Adam because these key are Restricted from anyone that try to get it. But who know maybe someone may give you some information. I do know there are some place can buy it but you need to prove to be locksmith of who order these key for what. If i can find the web-site of where to buy will post it. Good luck and would be nice if you can post some of your collect of lock and key.....Timothy.....

Not sure if you see this or not: http://www.southernfolger.com/about-us_our-history. Just maybe you can email to them and they may help you out.....Timothy....

Default Collection images

I was having problems posting images of my collection. You can see images of my entire collection at Http://Facebook.com\HHOC2018

Quote Originally Posted by Jw4630 View Post
    I absolutely realize this is a long shot, but, I’ve worked in Corrections for 18 years and after my divorce, i started collecting Jail keys and locks. I have around 20 locks, and 150 keys. I know what facility most of the keys and locks came from and try to get historical items from the facility as well, especially if they are closed, many are. My question is, is there anyway to get any information off the Key Codes (Folger Adam) if nothing else identify the state the key is from?
    Key records work in the other direction, if you know the facility then various keys used in it and how they are marked can be looked up. The 1983 flood experienced by Folger Adam destroyed all of their key records information.
    BBE.

BBE this is first of what I heard what happen. Thank for head-up....

Jw there some information on this forum will tell you how to put picture to this forum. I try to find it but it morning time here for me look t up with men coffee time to wake me up. I'm sure someone will help you out.....Timothy....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    BBE this is first of what I heard what happen. Thank for head-up....
    IIRC, 1983 was the second time all their key records were destroyed in a flood, happened once before in the 30's or 40's. They weren't quick learners.
    BBE.

Default Folger Adam key codes

Here is some info on Folger Adam Keys. Hope it helps.
    Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Folger Adam FA-0.jpg   Folger Adam FA-1.jpg   Folger Adam FA-2.jpg   Folger Adam FA-3.jpg   Folger Adam FA-4.jpg  

Folger Adam FA-5.jpg   Folger Adam FA-6.jpg   Folger Adam FA-7.jpg   Folger Adam FA-8.jpg  

Thread Information