Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default odd Chubb plaque

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chubbb.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	20120

I dont think that it has been damaged by being bent at some time, but it is not curved , so much as two straight bits joined together.
    Anyone else seen this before?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gordon View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chubbb.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	20120

I dont think that it has been damaged by being bent at some time, but it is not curved , so much as two straight bits joined together.
    Anyone else seen this before?
    Its certainly bent, here’s a pic of mine which I bought off the same guy on flea bay. This one has smaller screw holes so I suspect it’s been shortened due to damage. I still love it though 😃
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 562C2FB4-834B-49FF-9CD9-C520E117A6A3.jpeg  

Well done Warren -Mine really shows no sign of how they bent it but I will put it through the flypress and correct it now that I know it isnt meant to be bent
    Thanks

Well done Warren -Mine really shows no sign of how they bent it but I will put it through the flypress and correct it now that I know it isnt meant to be bent
    Thanks
    I don’t suppose it was done while it was fitted otherwise one end would have probably sheared at the fixing hole or at least shown a bit of damage like a slightly elongated hole. Out of curiosity did you measure it to see if the bend was dead in the middle. You’ll curse me next week if another turns up the same shape! And mine turned out to be the one bent out of position 😁

Thanks
    I don’t suppose it was done while it was fitted otherwise one end would have probably sheared at the fixing hole or at least shown a bit of damage like a slightly elongated hole. Out of curiosity did you measure it to see if the bend was dead in the middle. You’ll curse me next week if another turns up the same shape! And mine turned out to be the one bent out of position 😁

Thread Information