Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Help with Info please.

Good evening Forum members ,
    i would be very grateful for any all info on these locks I found in rubble under floorboards in a Georgian house in Bath Uk .
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 233C8128-8D9E-47BF-9405-1305D9DA68DC.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Booker View Post
    Good evening Forum members ,
    i would be very grateful for any all info on these locks I found in rubble under floorboards in a Georgian house in Bath Uk .
    Paul
    As you no doubt guessed, they are probably the original locks from your house, assuming that it is a decent house and not a cottage.
    the two knobs operated the sprung latch, the key operated the bolt and a small knob on one side operated the privacy slide.
    having the privacy slide means that it wasn’t the cheapest lock and it looks quite solidly made but is not really very collectible, although very useful for refurbishment of nice Georgian doors.

Thank you Tom , I think I will restore them in that case . How would I go about getting keys for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Booker View Post
    Thank you Tom , I think I will restore them in that case . How would I go about getting keys for them?
    Call Mark on 01225 425533

Great , Thanks Tom

Thread Information