Welcome to our world of Locks and Locksmiths (click logo or scroll down to view all):-
 www.Antique-Locks.com 
  
HoL
   COLTi
Or are you looking for modern, or recent past,
Keys, Locks or Safes.
keys, locks & safes
Industrial Archaeology of Locks HoL Museum
COLTi
  
Please support our forum sponsors where you can.
Researching locks from antiquity to the recent past.Maintaining a reference collection & archive.Today's scene and cutting edge developments.
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Medeco padlocks

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3
    Country: United States

    Default Medeco padlocks

    I've had these nine padlocks laying around for a long time. I don't know anything about padlocks and was hoping someone could tell me what I have and what value they have, if that's allowed to ask. They have Medeco 519 stamped on the bottom and are all keyed to the one key that I have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3740 (2).JPG  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    555
    Country: United States

    Default Medeco padlocks

    For sure you do have Medeco Padlock and made by Medeco Company. If asking about the value that would be hard to tell but really not that old. The 519 stamp on bottom should match the key stamp you have there. You might look up Medeco Lock Company should have all information on padlock you have....Timothy....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tonawanda, NY, USA
    Posts
    765
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CountyWorker View Post
    I've had these nine padlocks laying around for a long time. I don't know anything about padlocks and was hoping someone could tell me what I have and what value they have, if that's allowed to ask. They have Medeco 519 stamped on the bottom and are all keyed to the one key that I have.
    Medeco was formed in 1967, they developed a new high security cylinder using angular bittings on the key, which rotated the chisel-pointed pins that raised the pins to the proper shear line and also rotated the pins 20 right or left to line up the true slot or holes in the pins, which allowed the side bar to retract and unlock the cylinder. Today they are an ASSA ABLOY Group Company. Padlocks such as yours could retail for about $100.00 ea. in new condition.

    Pete Schifferli

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    For sure you do have Medeco Padlock and made by Medeco Company. If asking about the value that would be hard to tell but really not that old. The 519 stamp on bottom should match the key stamp you have there. You might look up Medeco Lock Company should have all information on padlock you have....Timothy....
    Thanks Timothy,

    I knew they weren't antiques, but I thought that they may have been from the '70s, because they've been laying around here for a long time. Could they be that old?

    Also, I thought that they might be just old enough that somebody would be interested in purchasing them.

    Dale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pschiffe View Post
    Medeco was formed in 1967, they developed a new high security cylinder using angular bittings on the key, which rotated the chisel-pointed pins that raised the pins to the proper shear line and also rotated the pins 20 right or left to line up the true slot or holes in the pins, which allowed the side bar to retract and unlock the cylinder. Today they are an ASSA ABLOY Group Company. Padlocks such as yours could retail for about $100.00 ea. in new condition.

    Pete Schifferli
    Thanks Pete.

    Do you have any idea of what a fair price would be for the nine of them in used condition?

    Dale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    555
    Country: United States

    Default Medeco Padlocks

    Hard to say how much the padlock will be but if you selling it on eBay does make a big differ of how much whoever bit on the lock.....Timothy......

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •