Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Key Blanks

Default Key Blanks

Hi All. I am looking for the following key blanks. They were used in the municipal telegraph industry. I believe these to be Silca numbers. 8993 and 8999. The ILCO number on the 8999 may be 366. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Almdoc View Post
    Hi All. I am looking for the following key blanks. They were used in the municipal telegraph industry. I believe these to be Silca numbers. 8993 and 8999. The ILCO number on the 8999 may be 366. Thanks
    Sorry, none of the three were found in Blackhawk KBX which is a comprehensive cross reference of over 85,000 key blanks. Those do not appear to be valid Silca blank numbers, all that I have seen use alphanumeric nomenclature as AB19 etc. Can you post an image of those you are seeking?

Pete Schifferli

Default Key Blanks

Pete was right as those number are not in the Silca key catalog book. Just maybe the key has Silca stamp on it but the number may be the key number to match the lock number or can be the code number. You need to post picture of the lock or key. One more thing as you may not get these blank as maybe the key are restricted key. As who you making the key for.....Timothy.....

Thread Information