Welcome to our world of Locks and Locksmiths (click logo or scroll down to view all):-
 www.Antique-Locks.com 

HoL
   COLTi
Or are you looking for modern, or recent past,
Keys, Locks or Safes.
keys, locks & safes
Industrial Archaeology of Locks HoL Museum
COLTi

Please support our forum sponsors where you can.
Researching locks from antiquity to the recent past.Maintaining a reference collection & archive.Today's scene and cutting edge developments.

Default Miniature Vault Door With Working Bolt Work- Open To Offers

Open to offers on both these if anyone's interested send me a PM.
    Both featured on the site back when I made them. The big door has working reduction geared bolt work driven by the handwheel on the front, whereas the tiny Fichet Paris Bank door is static but has full detail on both sides, pressure bars, hand wheels etc.

Had planned to change the base of the big door to black onyx but haven't got around to it yet. If a chunk comes up the right size I'll probably still change it over and machine new base fixings to suit, but it's still on the original turned aluminium base for now.
    Any offers please PM me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	20073 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	31 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	20074
    Huw

stunning Huw, do you have pictures of the other side of the doors or a link to the original posts?

Gary, cheers I'm still in the process of cladding the front of the big one,, it weighs a fraction short of 10 kilos, whereas the little Fichet is tiny in comparison- could do with a polish too
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	12 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	20078 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	20079
    They're both on the safes, strongrooms & vaults board somewhere, the big ones under title like miniature demo vault door and I think miniature Fichet or similar,, but it's a while ago so they're probably a dozen pages back by now.
    Huw

Here's the link to the big one:
    https://www.antique-locks.com/showth...ight=Miniature

Can't find link for the Fichet but I did find this:
    https://www.antique-locks.com/showth...niature+Fichet

I've made more model doors and safes than I can remember!
    Huw

WOW, the amount of work and skill that has gone into them, liked the cannonball as well, surprised you are willing to let them go

Default Miniature Vault Door With Working Bolt Work- Open To Offers

HUW
    Nice job! Maybe you can try to make a piggy bank with combination lock....Timothy......

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Stephenson View Post
    WOW, the amount of work and skill that has gone into them, liked the cannonball as well, surprised you are willing to let them go
    Cheers Gary, tbh if I had somewhere to display them properly I'd hang onto them but for ages now they've we been crammed into the bottom of a wardrobe with everything else, at least they're safe from the corrosion out in the shed.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    HUW
    Nice job! Maybe you can try to make a piggy bank with combination lock....Timothy......
    Cheers Timothy, I've made a couple like that over the years, to slash the build time hand making the locks as well as the doors and everything else I used miniature combination camlocks so they had proper nickel plated dials and bezels on the door fronts, they were round doors in seam welded box steel bodies but they went years ago..
    Huw

Thread Information