Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Mystery 'Crown' Locks

I've been searching for any information about two Mystery Locks I have. One has a simple 'Crown' on the keyhole cover and the other gas a 'Crown' with a capitol "F" under it. No other markings can be found. Any help with a maker and dating them would GREATLY be appreciated.

pictures would help

I'm new to this site and trying to navigate and learn as I go. These photos are of the keyhole covers of my two Mystery locks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180616_171101.jpg   IMG_20180616_171119.jpg  

These are photos of my two Mystery Locks. Any information about them would GREATLY be appreciated. Thank you again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180618_235802.jpg   IMG_20180619_000339.jpg  

i am not familiar with the F,maybe spainish or ? The ones i have are english and have either V R or E R on the drop.This one is a vault lock when queen Victoria reigned.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vault lock 001.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	595.1 KB 
ID:	20014

FYI, 2 VERY good associations are alca AND wclca,they have great info on some of these and a lot of other locks. This is from a WCLCA issue that is quite informative. The yearly dues are very reasonable too,for both assoc.

Name:	crown lock 2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	20015Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crown lock 3.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	20016 tried to scan page,but it would not upload, Maybe you can zoom these up to read.
    It says no info on the F crown . this was 2016 issue
    hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by nathanbonstein View Post
    i am not familiar with the F,maybe spainish or ? The ones i have are english and have either V R or E R on the drop.This one is a vault lock when queen Victoria reigned.

Name:	vault lock 001.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	595.1 KB 
ID:	20014
    Thank you for the info. It (the crown) is in the same style as some Colonial period dice I've seen that have a G R (King George) stamped on them. The mystery continues.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanbonstein View Post
    FYI, 2 VERY good associations are alca AND wclca,they have great info on some of these and a lot of other locks. This is from a WCLCA issue that is quite informative. The yearly dues are very reasonable too,for both assoc.

Name:	crown lock 2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	20015Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crown lock 3.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	20016 tried to scan page,but it would not upload, Maybe you can zoom these up to read.
    It says no info on the F crown . this was 2016 issue
    hope this helps
    Thank you for the post...great detective work ! My lock is a VERY close version to the one in the photo but lacks the bird logo above the crown. It may be related to this same maker ??

Thread Information