Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help

Hi everyone,

I wonder if you can help me identify this padlock? My partners grandparents have given it me (knowing i work with safes). I have looked around and its possibly a 1k11. Would like someone to confirm? Unfortunately no keys and in a bad condition but looking to get it back in to working order.

Mant thanks.

I cannot see the photo on my phone sorry if this hasnt uploaded, please let me know if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by TPayne View Post
    I cannot see the photo on my phone sorry if this hasnt uploaded, please let me know if this is the case.
    No photo.
    BBE.

Try and upload a few photos, here's how https://www.antique-locks.com/showth...-to-your-posts

Even without the photos, the 1k11 you mentioned should be easy to differentiate from others as they are all pretty distinctive.

The 1k11 was their flagship called the Battleship, close-shackle with a ground-off cast case, notably without laminations or rivets and used a 6 gauge (SWG)pin key.

The 1k21 Cruiser is close-shackled but otherwise the opposite- it has both a laminated case and is held together by rivets, and used an Ø11/64" bore pipe key with a very distinctive offset bit.

There's also the possibility yours might be an older Corvette, which was a sort of early lightweight pressed steel version of the cruiser (well, sort of), but they weighed about as much as an empty crisp packet. In contrast, you wouldn't want to drop either of the previous two on your foot wearing flip-flops, but all will be revealed once you add some photos.
    Last edited by Huw Eastwood; 13-06-18 at 12:53 AM.

Thread Information