Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Lock Manufacturers

Don't know where else to put this information on Lock Manufacturers. But does give good information about the year of manufacturers and where lock make from.....Timothy.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Don't know where else to put this information on Lock Manufacturers. But does give good information about the year of manufacturers and where lock make from.....Timothy.....
    Timothy, I don't know the source of your pdf but the section on Lockwood is fraught with errors:
    1. Lockwood was founded in South Norwalk, CT*
    2. Purchased by Independent Lock Co. in 1932 and moved to Fitchburg, MA*
    3. The Lockwood Hardware Mfg. Co. ceased operation in 1973*

*Locks and Lockmakers of America, Revised 3rd Edition by the late Thomas F. Hennessy, pg. 62-63

There is also an unrelated firm, Lockwood Australia; which is an ASSA ABLOY Group company.+
    Additionally, Lockwood1878; a subsidiary of Gulfport Industries, Inc., apparently acquired rights to the marque and sells import builders' hardware in North America under the Lockwood brand.+

+my information which can be verified on the Internet

Pete Schifferli

Pete
    Really I don't remember where I got this from. I should has add the guy name on it but this was done long time. Who know maybe there more mistaken than what he wrote. If I do find it will let you know where I got it...Timothy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Pete
    Really I don't remember where I got this from. I should has add the guy name on it but this was done long time. Who know maybe there more mistaken than what he wrote. If I do find it will let you know where I got it...Timothy.....
    Timothy, also note that Ilco still makes mortise, rim and key-in-knob cylinders in the 1004/L1 Lockwood keyway for extending existing systems. Readily available through locksmith distribution.

Pete

Hello Pete
    Well you may find lot of mistake the way it was written. Went you open the PDF go all the way to bottom you will find the web site. Copy and paste that where is all come from. He the one wrote all the information and have no idea were he got it. Sorry to all but not my mistake as he the one wrote it and should correct the problem....Timothy....

the historical locks website is owned by Assa Abloy. Sounds like they need a history lesson!

Thread Information