Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Second hand vault doors

I was chatting with a friend today about the prices of second hand strongroom doors. Sort of 1/4" and 1/2" fireproof booksafe doors.

I haven't really lived in UK for the better part of 20 years now, but I did wonder what the price would be for such a door, compared with a fire door, locks, furniture, frame, hinge bolts etc. Are the 2 comparable in price. Obviously the strongroom door gives far greater security.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
    I was chatting with a friend today about the prices of second hand strongroom doors. Sort of 1/4" and 1/2" fireproof booksafe doors.

I haven't really lived in UK for the better part of 20 years now, but I did wonder what the price would be for such a door, compared with a fire door, locks, furniture, frame, hinge bolts etc. Are the 2 comparable in price. Obviously the strongroom door gives far greater security.
    The scrap price of a strong room door plus labour to remove plus transport may not be a million miles from the price of a fire door, but unless it is new build you are never going to have comparitive fitting costs and anyway it rather depends on being able to get the strong room door without opportunist pricing, which would be the norm for these originally expensive items in a very, very limited market.
    regards
    Tom

Thread Information