Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gentlemen, The safe does not have a U.L. label. I did contact a gentleman by the name of Mike Palmer, i was told that he worked for Tann many years ago. After forwarding him the info that i uploaded on this forum he told me that this safe was marketed in Europe as the Tann Super Treasury which was the precursor to the TST range of safes. He also advised me that the security rating was a grade five. Safeman, thank you for posting the information on the Swedish Institute V3 security information, After some more research i discovered that the Tann TRTL30x6LW has the exact same measurements as my safe, even the weight is the same. Does anyone know what year Tann was awarded the 30x6 rating. Just Curious. I have decided to put the 3 wheel S&G on the safe, that plus the 9 lever keylock is probably more than adequate for my home. I would sincerely like to thank everyone for there help and information.

If it is a Super Treasury, then you have got yourself a tremendous safe. At the time it was second only to the mighty Tann Diamond, which was about the best production sfae that there was at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jaden View Post
    Gentlemen, The safe does not have a U.L. label. I did contact a gentleman by the name of Mike Palmer, i was told that he worked for Tann many years ago. After forwarding him the info that i uploaded on this forum he told me that this safe was marketed in Europe as the Tann Super Treasury which was the precursor to the TST range of safes. He also advised me that the security rating was a grade five. Safeman, thank you for posting the information on the Swedish Institute V3 security information, After some more research i discovered that the Tann TRTL30x6LW has the exact same measurements as my safe, even the weight is the same. Does anyone know what year Tann was awarded the 30x6 rating. Just Curious. I have decided to put the 3 wheel S&G on the safe, that plus the 9 lever keylock is probably more than adequate for my home. I would sincerely like to thank everyone for there help and information.
    When I first answered your post I said " I suggest that the Krona would fall into the TRTL30x6 catagory." The only Tann safe I can recollect having a UL label was marketed as the Nordic TRTRL30, not the x6 classification. The used safe market in the US when offering Tann products such as the Fortress, Bankers, and Diamond use the term "equivalent TRTL " followed by a classification. I think I may have already mentioned that the UL tests have a fundemental difference in how they define 'FAIL' which differ from the European Standards and which create design features which many would find unrealistic and unnecessary in criminal situations.

Quote Originally Posted by safeman View Post
    When I first answered your post I said " I suggest that the Krona would fall into the TRTL30x6 catagory." The only Tann safe I can recollect having a UL label was marketed as the Nordic TRTRL30, not the x6 classification. The used safe market in the US when offering Tann products such as the Fortress, Bankers, and Diamond use the term "equivalent TRTL " followed by a classification. I think I may have already mentioned that the UL tests have a fundemental difference in how they define 'FAIL' which differ from the European Standards and which create design features which many would find unrealistic and unnecessary in criminal situations.
    I must admit i have enjoyed researching this safe. Here are a few more Tann products i have found that were for sale in the USA. It is interesting to note that the wording is very similar on all of them. I am having a problem uploading the files. There are UL listings for a TRTL 15x6. a TRTL30X6 and a TRTL 30X6 mini vault. All of these safes are similar in appearance in that they have recessed hinges.
    Last edited by jaden; 30-04-18 at 12:44 PM.

Default Replacement Keys

So after purchasing this safe, it only has one stem and key bit. I would hate to lock it and then lose the key. I was hoping that someone could give me the name of a company where i may be able to purchase an extra stem, two new key bits and a change key. I believe it is a Convar F, now part of the Kaba group. I have contacted two companies here in the U.S. but they can"t even give me a price for the parts. To all you great locksmiths out there, HELP!!.

You might contact dormakaba Mauer Mas .... whatever they are called where you live. They still produce and sell Convar locks and hence might also sell keysets.

Thread Information