Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default new milners and some questions

Hi guys. i founded a very cool milners old safe in central Paris, something that I would have never thought of finding so close to me. a sympathetic old lady sold it and told me the history : buy by this gran-grand father new and always use by men in his family. for this one sure i didn't do repaint, just a cleaning and perhaps a varnish but no more. after consider safeman advice, i am now convicted by something very close to original condition, thanks for that monsieur !
    curiously this one has been the hardest to move. i was very optimist but i was wrong. an half day work to load it. my other milners and the big chubb was larger and i think heavier but this one..... probably the round corner/slick surface.. anyway i am very happy and damn it i am a big fan of milners, they have un je ne sais quoi.
    if a cool safe lover is here and can give all detail i will be the happiest man for this week end. the pull brass handle is broke and missing so i research one, offers welcome, the lock lever have a unpleasant shaft play : i tried to remove it to fix by outside but the screw come and the lever don't, i let it as this for now. original keys come with and the number of the safe engraving on the upper pivot is : 101174AF2160, the rear door panel seem to be in original condition and never open.

merci beaucoup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MILNERS 1.jpg   MILNERS 2.jpg   MILNERS 3.jpg   MILNERS 4.jpg  

Thread Information