Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default small Chubb dual control lock

I like collecting dual control locks, especially the ones where two keys operate through a single keyhole. Most of the ones I come across are quite large locks, but had to open this one recently for a bank that was closing down and wanted some old safes opened to check they were empty before disposal. This was on a Chubb record protection cabinet and I have not seen this lock before in dual control guise. I had to drill it as I didn't have any picks to fit, but managed to get it open without too much damage to anything except the lock cap, nice little lock design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chubb rpc dual control (1).jpg   chubb rpc dual control (2).jpg   chubb rpc dual control (3).jpg   chubb rpc dual control (4).jpg   chubb rpc dual control (5).jpg  

Safes Strongrooms & Vaults

thats a nice lock Gary, it also looks a brass drill pin which is pretty unusual, I think the only brass one I have is on a Parsons Patent balance Lever made by Duce. you sure get your hands on some interesting stuff!

I certainly seem to see more dual control stuff due to doing a lot of bank work, but this was the first time I had come across this lock.
    I also got a nice Milners locking escutcheon recently, which was another way the banks made single keyholes into dual control. Once I have made a pick for It and got it opened, I will put pictures up.

Thread Information