Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default safe identification

hi, come back to Paris from my UK trip a small safe, look very old, original paint without brass builder's plate as i saw on other safes. the lock was blocked, after inspection a small part of a lever was broke inside, just remove it, clean the lock of a lot a sticky green oxydation and now work perfectly. "neit le fuld's" on one side of the key and "aubin" on the other, same names inside the lock. the door a little bit tight to close but work fine for the age, a little bit of rust parts inside.
    any informations are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aubin.jpg   interieur aubin.jpg   interieur 2 aubin.jpg   clef aubin.jpg   clef aubin 2.jpg  

clef aubin 3.jpg   serrure aubin.jpg  

exact, so old one. is it something rare ? aubin does it just made the lock or this is an "aubin safe" ? i didn't found photos of aubin safe !

Default Aubin.

Quote Originally Posted by stephane View Post
    exact, so old one. is it something rare ? aubin does it just made the lock or this is an "aubin safe" ? i didn't found photos of aubin safe !
    Stephane,

Yes it's an old one of very weak construction - very thin door plate and only 4 bolts attaching the lock chamber.

Aubin did not make safes but did supply his locks to safe makers, notably a company called C S Griffiths. This is a much poorer quality safe however and the lock appears to be a simple till (drawer) lock. The fact that there is no name plate is significant.

Stephane, could you please show us more photos of the locks?

Guys you are wonderful. thanks for fast reply and precious informations.
    attached some additional photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aubin2.jpg   aubin1.jpg   aubin3.jpg   aubin4.jpg   aubin5.jpg  

la suite...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aubin6.jpg   aubin7.jpg   aubin8.jpg   aubin9.jpg   aubin10.jpg  

Great! Thanks! Will you try to repair the borken lever?

Btw. could it be a Milner? Or at least a Milner-inspired safe?

No i didn't repair it, because work fine and as old safeman this is a no name safe so just wait and see before cooking it. i am on an other customization work.

Thread Information