Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Need Key Blanks For Old Yale Padlock

Does anyone have any old Yale key blanks for this padlock? The blanks are Yale PL as seen stamped on the key. They look to also have been used for old obsolete safe deposit box cylinders. The keys that came with many of these locks I have gotten from different sources look new not worn at all so someone has access to them. I would like as many as I can get but be happy with any I can find.

Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yale PGL&C Co 03.jpg   Yale PLGC Padlock 12.jpg  

Safes Strongrooms & Vaults

We had a box of the nickel silver blanks in our old workshop, whether they're still there 10+years on is another matter but I will have a look.

Default Had Any Luck?

Huw

Had any luck finding the Yale PL blanks yet?
    You seem to be the only hope so far of getting any.
    Please look hard for them will pay whatever you want.

Richard

forgot i think it is $19.00

Default Yale PL Blanks

Thanks for the link

Although they are RN11 PL which is for full size commercial door locks they do indeed say PL on them. The padlock is small and has only 4 pin blank with a head the size you see for desks and file cabinet keys. If they can be cut down and fit in the keyway they will work but look very strange being so much cut off the blade and the head being so huge. LOL

For $19.00 free shipping worth the risk to see if they will even fit I guess. These are probably the same ones that Huw seen in his old shop. I messaged the guy to see if he can send end shot of the blank and better shots of both sides to see if it is the same as it looks a little different in those pictures.

Thanks
    Richard

Safes Strongrooms & Vaults

Haven't been over there yet but will have a look when I do. The ones I had in mind were full size although we did have junior Yales i won't know what or what's left until I get time to go and look.

Default Yale PL Blanks

Huw

Great thanks. Looking for the small size ones for sure. I don't know what the number would be. These full size ones say RN11 PL maybe the smaller ones are EN11 PL or maybe EN10 PL? The key is a 4 pin but even 5 pin small head would be perfect. The key that works doesn't have the bottom shoulder like the large ones do. I did grab a box of the large ones to be safe they don't slip away to see if they are even the right keyway. If not I can resale them back on ebay or just keep them.

Thanks
    Richard

maybe a yale J,they are v5-6 pin,if it fits then find the 4 pin - 5 pin # ???

Apparently made for Peoples Gas Light & Coke Co., a natural gas utility still in business serving the Chicago, Il area; maybe Old Ilco 997BA, crosses to 18 Keil, 428 Niesen and 2603D Graham all of which are l-o-n-g obsolete? see thumbnail attached.

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OldIlco997BA.jpg  

Thread Information