Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MrWizard View Post
    Thanks very interesting and see that they
    are multi section MK blanks makes sense being marked PL now.
    Still waiting for this box of RN11PL to arrive should be here today. I am still looking for the smaller RN10PL blanks if anyone runs across them.
    Richard
    I don't think there is such as blank as RN10PL! To paraphrase Billy B. Edwards, the L & P sections were .51" dia., not .40".

Pete Schifferli

i found they fit y4,998s keyways and a little tight on my 998gb and very tight on the ge keyways ?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanbonstein View Post
    i found they fit y4,998s keyways and a little tight on my 998gb and very tight on the ge keyways ?
    With all due respect Nathan, Y4 and 998S are not keyways; Y4 is the 6-pin GMK to fit all G-family sectionals while 998S is the 5-pin version of the same masterkey. 998GB and 998GE are 6-pin G-family sectionals and Y4 and 998S should thus fit them both. As BBE explained, PL may also fit some G-family sectionals.

Pete Schifferli

my bad, your right Pete,i was going thru a box of old parts for yale and got lost, (AGE) there was apl blank and i started playing with it,have the families but did not bother to look
    thank you

PL and PR are valid .40 keyways originally used by Yale Banklock division and are/were restricted.
    We have some old Diebold parts catalogs at work that show these keyways among others.

Default .40 PL blanks, they do exist

The PL section was definitely used on very old safe deposit box locks with peanut cylinders. I have one from around 1905-10 that uses this blank. The renter's keys are PL, the guard a corrugated keyway. They're for a .40 cylinder, marked "PL", and 5 pin in length. I have some marked "Yale Paracentric" with no keyway marking, but they are definitely PL as well. Perhaps you could rekey those padlocks to safe deposit keys if you can find some.

Thread Information