Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Polyp Padlock

Default Polyp Padlock

Hi

I got this Polyp padlock Made in Germany today. Would like to know if anyone knows anything about these. Like what years they were made. The key says HLIMWACHT on the top of it with Patent on the bottom. Is this an original key to this lock with that lettering on it? Seems like it is the original since it say Patent on it. What does this lettering mean and is this an original key? The cylinder also says Patent on it. Does anyone know where to see this patent or have a screenshot or any information on it. I seen a few listed and sold for very high price was surprising to see that. How rare are these? Anything you can tell me would be very appreciated.

Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyp Padlock-02.jpg   Polyp Padlock-01.jpg   Polyp Padlock-03.jpg  

Default Polyp Smaller Chrome Version

Here is a Polyp smaller chrome version than the black one. I have had this one for years. Shackle is smaller diameter and cylinder end piece is made different to accommodate the smaller shackle. It is in excellent condition. It was locked with no key when I got it. Picked it open made a working key from a handcuff key. End hole had to be enlarged and the outer shaft needed to be reduced in diameter. Key works perfect but wish I had an original key for this. The large padlock key fits in the cylinder but cuts are not the same. I could maybe take this one apart see if I can key it to the large ones key.

I hope someone will see these and have some information of age of each and can tell me if the key for the black one is an original with the lettering that is on it.

Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polyp Chrome Padlock 01.jpg   Polyp Chrome Padlock 02.jpg  

Thread Information