Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: HARP Padlock

Default HARP Padlock

Can anyone identify this HARP padlock. It measures2&1/8” x 1&3/16” x ½”. I presume it is made of Brass. The case & shackle are not attracted to a magnet and weighs what I think brass would be. It has a hard slick finish, not what an ordinary brass finish would have. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks In Advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00652.JPG   DSC00653.JPG   DSC00654.JPG   DSC00655.JPG   DSC00656.JPG  

DSC00657.JPG  

Default HARP Padlock

That first time seeing the Harp Logo. My guess could be make for the Harp Music company. I think the way the keyway it may be made by Yale company. ...Timothy.....

Default HARP Padlock

Thanks Timothy

Default HARP Padlock

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    That first time seeing the Harp Logo. My guess could be make for the Harp Music company. I think the way the keyway it may be made by Yale company. ...Timothy.....
    Timothy - Would you know the address of the Harp Music Company or the city they are located in? Thanks - Rex

Default HARP Padlock

I have no idea like I said it only guess. Keep this in mind lot of large company like Yale , Corbin, Eagle, Miller, Fraim and list gone on made padlock for other company without using there logo. Also they made padlock for hardware store. Yale made lot of it but don't use there logo on some of there padlock. Some of these padlock can tell by there keyway of who make these padlock.....Timothy......

Default HARP Padlock

Thanks again Timothy - Rex

Thread Information