Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Modern fantasy repro I'm sorry to say Serf.
    Its a mish-mash of just about everything with modern nickel plated keys, bright plated shackle, faux black japan finish, and the escutcheon and the csk screws look like they were made yesterday. The choice of their wording on the escutcheon is also a big clue, as is the overall clueless design characteristics.
    Don't forget, it's not just Indian backstreet workshops in Aligarth that churn this stuff out, it comes from China, Asia, the Middle East, several Eastern European countries, they're all doing it.

TBH it's disappointing that there's been no response from those members who know better on this, as I'm not going to be available to comment much and this sort of content matter isn't even my domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Eastwood View Post
    Modern fantasy repro I'm sorry to say Serf.
    Its a mish-mash of just about everything with modern nickel plated keys, bright plated shackle, faux black japan finish, and the escutcheon and the csk screws look like they were made yesterday. The choice of their wording on the escutcheon is also a big clue, as is the overall clueless design characteristics.
    Don't forget, it's not just Indian backstreet workshops in Aligarth that churn this stuff out, it comes from China, Asia, the Middle East, several Eastern European countries, they're all doing it.

TBH it's disappointing that there's been no response from those members who know better on this, as I'm not going to be available to comment much and this sort of content matter isn't even my domain.
    I was beginning to think that myself. Thanks for the answer tho!

Thread Information