Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Question Old Independent brand safe

I have an old safe that is locked and i don't know the combo. I could just break it but i want to safe the safe and use it. There is a tag on the top right on the door that says. Independent Security Products LTD. There is another tag on the bottom left with a model and serial number. I have tried finding this company and phoning it but the only company i could find with that name was one in the uk, and i contacted them and they said they didn't make the safe. Does anybody body know who could have made this safe or who i could contact and maybe get the combo from? the lock is a sarget and greenleaf, but i contacted them and they said i need to find the manufacturer of the safe.

It seems very unlikely that the lock maker would have any record of the combination. And if the previous/original owner did their "due diligence" the combination is supposed to be changed by the owner upon receiving the safe. Some safe makers (most?) will set a random combination before delivery.

One choice would be to find a locksmith who can either manipulate the lock open, or drill and repair. Try http://savta.org/ and click on "Safe Tech Search".

the way it has the model and serial numbers clearly stamped i thought it would be able to be searched.

any other ideas?

Photographs might help.

Thread Information