Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Yale & Towne GMBH lock

Hello everyone,

Has anyone seen a lock like this one before? It is a deadbolt lock that takes a four-sided cruciform key, marked "Yale & Towne G.M.B.H" "Marca Registrada", and on the other side "Made in Germany". I've never seen anything like it before, and cannot find anything on the internet about it. The key can be inserted from either side, but will only go in one direction. The bolt is double throw, the lock cylinder itself is mounted inside the case, and the pin tumblers are set in a radial arrangement, 8 total. Unlike cheap cruciform locks from China, all four sides of the key in this lock act on the tumblers. It looks like a mortise deadbolt for a door, but it is small enough to make me think it may be a wardrobe or cabinet lock. Any info is greatly appreciated.

YALE7750
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YALE GMBH.jpg  

[QUOTE = YALE7750; 28415] Γεια σε όλους,

Έχει δει κάποιον άλλο κλειδαριά όπως αυτό πριν; Πρόκειται για κλειδαριές που φέρουν ένα τετράπλευρο σταυροειδές κλειδί, με την ένδειξη "Yale & Towne GMBH" "Marca Registrada", και από την άλλη πλευρά "Made in Germany". Δεν έχω δει ποτέ κάτι τέτοιο πριν και δεν βρίσκω τίποτα στο διαδίκτυο για αυτό. Το κλειδί μπορεί να εισαχθεί από κάθε πλευρά, αλλά θα πάει μόνο σε μία κατεύθυνση. Ο μπουλόνι είναι διπλός, ο ίδιος ο κύλινδρος κλειδαριάς είναι τοποθετημένος μέσα στο περίβλημα και οι πείροι με ακίδες τοποθετούνται σε ακτινική διάταξη, συνολικά 8. Σε αντίθεση με τις φθηνές σταυροειδείς κλειδαριές από την Κίνα, και οι τέσσερις πλευρές του κλειδιού σε αυτήν την κλειδαριά δρουν στα ποτηράκια. Φαίνεται σαν ένα μανδαλωτό για μια πόρτα, αλλά είναι αρκετά μικρό για να με κάνει να πιστεύω ότι μπορεί να είναι μια ντουλάπα ή κλειδαριά στο ντουλάπι.

YALE7750 [/ QUOTE]
    Πρόκειται για πρόσθετη κλειδαριά ασφαλείας για τις ξύλινες πόρτες.

This is an additional safety lock for wooden doors.

Safes Strongrooms & Vaults

Quote Originally Posted by YALE7750 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Has anyone seen a lock like this one before? It is a deadbolt lock that takes a four-sided cruciform key, marked "Yale & Towne G.M.B.H" "Marca Registrada", and on the other side "Made in Germany". I've never seen anything like it before, and cannot find anything on the internet about it. The key can be inserted from either side, but will only go in one direction. The bolt is double throw, the lock cylinder itself is mounted inside the case, and the pin tumblers are set in a radial arrangement, 8 total. Unlike cheap cruciform locks from China, all four sides of the key in this lock act on the tumblers. It looks like a mortise deadbolt for a door, but it is small enough to make me think it may be a wardrobe or cabinet lock. Any info is greatly appreciated.

YALE7750
    Not seen a Yale that size/shape or got any info sorry but have seen very similar by Papaiz of Brazil.

The only Yale cruciforms I've seen had a small hardened steel square section deadbolt and were sold with the Axiom Resista garage kits for up/over doors here in UK in the 1990s.

Yours is now the second Yale I've seen with the made in Germany and the Marca Registrada markings.

Those double throw deadlocks are pretty universal in that they can be used for just about anything, sometimes see the larger examples here in UK fitted on gates where the long multi-throw bolt is advantageous.
    You also see a lot of similar locks used on gates and doors in Europe where the multi-throw design is still very popular.

Default re

okey How! thank

Default re

Quote Originally Posted by stalen View Post
    okey How! thank
    sorry my english is not good

Stalen your English is fine, no need to apologise as it was easy enough to understand what you were saying :-)
    Last edited by Huw Eastwood; 06-01-18 at 11:49 PM.

No locks unfortunately but today I found a couple of the Yale cruciform key blanks for the Axiom Resista's.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	19177

Default Any idea how old it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Eastwood View Post
    No locks unfortunately but today I found a couple of the Yale cruciform key blanks for the Axiom Resista's.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	19177
    Thanks for the info! Cool keys, didn't know Yale still made cruciform keys up through the 90's--over here in the USA Yale keys like those are nonexistent. I can't find anyone over here that has ever seen a lock or key like the one I originally posted about.

Thread Information