Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Yale Type A though G time lock series

I have finished a page on my website that illustrates Yale's innovation of being the first mass producer of time locks to introduce a modular time lock movement design and to use "off the shelf" pocket watch movements. Sargent & Greenleaf followed on with what I consider a better design about a year later and modularity became standard through the industry since then. The Type A was a patent prototype, with the Types B though G in actual production. However this line of locks was a commercial failure and few were produced. To the best of my knowledge this is the only complete set. The page is at: www.my-time-machines.net/yale_type_a-e_overview.htm . Any comments are welcome.

BTW I wanted to create a tag for this post by was denied what should I do to add a tag?

Another great documentary on your website!

For those members that have not been to Mark's website, click on the link and have a look around. You will be treated to phenomenal timepieces and restorations. Be sure to click on the astro skeleton tab at the top right on the home page to explore the astronomical skeleton clock project that he has commissioned. It is amazing.

http://www.my-time-machines.net

I have to acknowledge that despite being a busy man, Mark found time (pun intended) to help this po-dunk safe fixer upper when I needed help with a missing door latch on a Bankers Dustproof time lock on my Victor cannonball safe. He provided detailed info and pictures from one in his collection. Again when both my Mosler screw door safes were missing time locks, Mark educated me on differences in the Yale Triple L time lock models so I would know what to search for. He is a true asset to the collector community.

Thanks Mark.

Ray

Thank you Ray. I hope to encourage those who may have an interest in horology, as represented by these time locks to dig further and develop an interest. Anyone on the forum who is interested in time locks please do write me!

Mark

Thread Information