Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Request for information on Milner List 2

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I recently bought a lovely Milner safe and I'm hoping that someone will be able to tell me what some of the markings mean.

From searching this site I have already worked out that the key number (L2472) dates it to 1900 but I'm curious to know what the other markings mean and what its weight might be.

The dimensions are 18" wide x 18" deep (not including hinges or door furniture) x 24" tall. The outside has had its original paint stripped off but the inside appears original with wooden insert/shelf. It still has a sticker on the top edge inside the door which I assume dates back to when it was first sold.

The attached photos show the markings. Along the top edge there is the key number in the centre and near the hinge is "901" (or "90l" ?). Above the hinge is "00". On the edge next to the hinge is the single digit "7".

The label has the key number on the first line and the original price (?) on the third line. The second line I can't quite make out. It is something followed by "List 2".

Many thanks.
    Malcolm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sIMGP0482.jpg   sIMGP0475.jpg   sIMGP0476.jpg   sIMGP0474.jpg   sIMGP0488.jpg  

sIMGP0485.jpg   sIMGP0477.jpg  

Thread Information