Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Model A steering wheel lock

Maybe this may work but I don't have the lock to do this. If you already got the set screw out. See if you can turn the cylinder to per picture and maybe you will see the hole with spring. Just do it very slow until you can see all four spring and be ready to put your finger over these hole to keep the spring from popping out. This may be the way they put the pins and spring in there but like I said not sure....Timothy....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kvq31rt.jpg  

Bitbuster
    Have no head word from you. I notice on another forum you complete job....Nice Work....Timothy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Bitbuster
    Have no head word from you. I notice on another forum you complete job....Nice Work....Timothy.....
    Yes, I only finished the 'project' in the past few days. Will post pics here soon.

I could have impressioned a key but I chose to disassemble the unit. It was filthy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alVUXPm.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	381.1 KB 
ID:	19387

Nice job of finding away to take it apart and putting it all back together.....Timothy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Nice job of finding away to take it apart and putting it all back together.....Timothy.....
    Thanks. I'm so glad I went with the disassembly over just impressioning. Besides the lock being so filthy, I learned a few things from the whole process. The owner said he'll recommend me to his Model A-T buddies.

I can understand about disassembly. There are some lock that will and some not. We can all learn of how some of these old lock are put together and put them back together in case to repair any lock. Beside I think it a lot of fun to do it.....Timothy......

Thread Information