Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default new guy old lock

i was just given an edwards lock its a push button affair but whats really neat is its in the original box with the instruction sheet....it belonged to allen r downing n7mit he is now sk but his wife gave me the lock while i have little interest in collecting locks my cousin fred ab5ca has a small collection of hand made locks from the middle east and he has gladly accepted my dear freinds lock as part of his collection so now i know this keep sake will be well cared for ...so now ill share with all of you who would care to look...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171101_165208.jpg   20171101_165222.jpg   20171101_165239.jpg  

That certainly is in great condition and I love the advice for lost combinations, particularly the "Do Not" list!

Do you know when it dates from?

Default date

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Al View Post
    That certainly is in great condition and I love the advice for lost combinations, particularly the "Do Not" list!

Do you know when it dates from?
    thats hard to say alan was born in 1950 but went blind some time in 53 by 55 would he have gone to school being blind who knows...but my thought would be some time between 55 and 60 by the way al graduated first in his class in 1972 he went to m.i.t and was an areospace/computer engineer....

Quote Originally Posted by ray jones View Post
    thats hard to say alan was born in 1950 but went blind some time in 53 by 55 would he have gone to school being blind who knows...but my thought would be some time between 55 and 60 by the way al graduated first in his class in 1972 he went to m.i.t and was an areospace/computer engineer....
    See this post from the archives and note link therein to pdf article by L. H. Mayhew, Jr.:
    https://www.antique-locks.com/showth...6798#post26798

Pete

Thread Information