Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Antique Padlock - Old German?

Greetings! This is my first post and my very first antique padlock. I have an antique padlock which I have been told was used on a Holocaust jail cell in WWII by the Germans. It appears to be an A. Prutzmann padlock with key. Both the padlock and key work. Any idea of what exactly it is, history of this type of padlock, age, or anything else about it?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1768.JPG  

Your Scandinavian style padlock appears to be made by Star Lock Works. It is certainly possible these style locks were used for that purpose, however being an american manufacture, yours probably never was.

Here is a link from a previous post on the forum regarding Star lock Works.

https://www.antique-locks.com/showthread.php/1694-Star-Scandinavian-Padlock-info?highlight=scott+klemm

Default Star Lock Works

Your Scandinavian style padlock appears to be made by Star Lock Works. It is certainly possible these style locks were used for that purpose, however being an american manufacture, yours probably never was.

Here is a link from a previous post on the forum regarding Star lock Works.

https://www.antique-locks.com/showthread.php/1694-Star-Scandinavian-Padlock-info?highlight=scott+klemm

Default Thanks!

Thanks! I really appreciate the help!!

Sorry to Bug in. Can you take picture on bottom of the padlock and the key..??...Timothy....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Sorry to Bug in. Can you take picture on bottom of the padlock and the key..??...Timothy....
    Sure! I've included pictures of the hey and yolk as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Antique Padlock 2.jpg   Antique Padlock 3.jpg   Antique Padlock Key.JPG   Antique Padlock Yolk.JPG  

Thank and nice padlock you have there too. As least the code number show very will to see it...Timothy.....

Thread Information