That's the pine tree logo USFS lock that dates to before the 1950's if I'm not mistaken. In decent shape they sell for quite a bit of money, especially with original patina & key. I see them on eBay from time to time. Yours may have the original key, it might just be badly worn down, AFAIK all of them are keyed alike to the code 26525 on a restricted keyway, 997PA I think. Same keyway as Ordnance Dept USA locks of the same type. There are others on this forum that know much more than I about these locks & can probably provide much more detail on their history.

Later USFS locks didn't have the cool logo, just YALE on both sides & the letters USFS stamped into the lock by hand. They aren't nearly as valuable or desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by wvanauken View Post
I have a Yale Forest Service lock that looks to be quite old. I states on one side of the lock "Made For" and then in big circular letters "Forest Service" with an embossed pine tree and the letters U and S on either side of the tree. See attached pics. It is a beauty. The key doesn't look like the original. If any of you have any info on this i.e. age, worth, history, etc., I would greatly appreciate your input. Thank you.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0825.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	359.8 KB 
ID:	18586 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0826.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	413.8 KB 
ID:	18587 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0827.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	18588