Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Baum safe

Default Baum safe

Recently acquired this locked Baum. Dial and ring indicate a Yale 225. I don't think Baum used the 225. Is the lock more likely than not, to be their version of the OB lock?
    http://imgur.com/a/AgJ6V

Default Baum safe

I would agree Baum safe. I'm not sure what a Yale 225 lock is, could you elaborate.

The Baum safes I've seen were are all OB type locks. I've heard others quote Baum also used a Direct Entry type lock, I beg to differ. Easy enough to distinquish between the two thou, by it's dial to handle pressure reaction.

DH

Default Baum safe

After looking through Dave McOmie's 'Safe and Lock' and 'Safe Opening vol. 4' books, I now conclude the lock in my Baum is an OB. On page 21 of 'Safe Opening vol.4', Dave does show a direct entry lock inside a Baum. (bottom pic).

Default Wrong information.

I'm familiar with those books. McOmie is one the best S&V techs in the country, but we all make mistakes. Dave once said something like; "if I could have a bond fire party, I would burn all those books".

DH

Thread Information