Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default chubb mortice locks and parts

sorting through some old lock stuff and parts, and have a couple of questions;
    never heard of a chubb 3r36 before, anyone have any info or pictures of one?
    also, what where the chubb detainer range called that used the security keys and curtains, and are curtains still available to buy anywhere?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_20170826_003.jpg   WP_20170826_004.jpg   WP_20170826_005.jpg   WP_20170824_003.jpg   WP_20170824_004.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Stephenson View Post
    what where the chubb detainer range called that used the security keys and curtains, and are curtains still available to buy anywhere?
    3G135 blanks are available at Aldridges but the bolt throwers may be less easy to find.
    They were either left or right hand cranks, although almost always only one of the hands in the UK.

3G135 AKA the "Fortress"

thanks for the answers and ids, I have both hands of the blanks but no curtains, and wondered if they were still available anywhere, cheers.

thanks for the answers and ids, I have both hands of the blanks but no curtains, and wondered if they were still available anywhere, cheers.
    They are probably orderable as a special from union via aldridge -but only one hand I am guessing

Cheers Tom, have emailed Aldridge and Union to ask the question.

Cheers Tom, have emailed Aldridge and Union to ask the question.
    John Walsh at Aldridge is the man to speak to
    John.walsh@aldridgesecurity.co.uk

No luck from Aldridges and no reply from Union, was playing about today adapting a 6 guage thrower and by the look of it you cannot just change the throwers, as the case and hardplate needs filing as well, also these must be single sided use unless you use a keys from one side and b keys from the other.
    has anyone ever seen one of these locks in real life?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_20170902_004.jpg   WP_20170902_005.jpg   WP_20170902_006.jpg   WP_20170902_007.jpg  

No luck from Aldridges and no reply from Union, was playing about today adapting a 6 guage thrower and by the look of it you cannot just change the throwers, as the case and hardplate needs filing as well, also these must be single sided use unless you use a keys from one side and b keys from the other.
    has anyone ever seen one of these locks in real life?
    Your lock is marked 5G110 (that could either be mislabelled or perhaps a single sided bolt thrower version of the 3G135 or equally likely, an earlier single sided version of the 3G135).
    This is a 3g135 bolt thrower and you can see that the cranked key will enter from both sides. I have sold a few in my time. I suspect that the other hand was for foreign use or perhaps for the M.O.D.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3g135.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	18431

That writing on the lock was from me 5g for 5 gauge and 110 for the lock, I adapted a 110 and 6 gauge curtain to suit the fortress keys, but never having seen one couldn't figure out how it would work from both sides unless you used a and b section keys, didn't realise that the curtain is profiled to allow entry from both blank profiles unless it is the 3g135 case itself that stops the wrong key profile from entering.
    Thanks for putting that picture up Tom.

Thread Information