Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Cheers Grayhair

Interesting, never seen a protector version of the euronovum before.

Lebtig's website is very badly managed. All the "news" are "olds" and not valid anymore. Their Russian sales representative which was new in 2006 seems to not exist now. The "Protector locks are again produced because of the high demand" is also not true anymore. The certification of the lock has expired. They still have the machines (probably the old Kromer ones) and capability to to produce them. So you might be able to get one from them if you are persistent, but be prepared to pay quite a bit more than for a normal high end key lock. The lock will then be identifiable as a Lebtig lock by the serial number beginning with an L and an certification sticker with the name and logo of Lebtig on it. All other imprints are still in Kromer's name.

Cheers Cepasaccus, that does make sense and sadly follows on from what was happening some time ago.

Found some more;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_20170808_007.jpg   WP_20170808_008.jpg   WP_20170808_009.jpg  

The stuff you keep 'finding' never ceases to put a grin on my face Gary, it's great ! Keep it coming.

The big chromed locking lid with what looks like an Abloy, is that an early pattern Kaso escutcheon cover off a Gem series or perhaps one of their SRDs? I only ever saw examples on their big TRTL30x6 Gem safes in the 1980s which looked similar but bit more modern.

yes Huw, I think this one was off a Kaso atm, but I have seen them on the Gems before, very impressive for just a locking escutcheon.

There was someting similar that we used to call an anti explosive escutcheon.

The big Chatwood grille gate lock is a dual control lock, and I also found this Milner lock and boltwork unit that came off a Milners plate nightsafe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_20170809_001.jpg   WP_20170809_002.jpg   WP_20170809_005.jpg   WP_20170809_013.jpg   WP_20170809_014.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
    There was someting similar that we used to call an anti explosive escutcheon.
    I also remember the US ads in the 80s and 90s calling them "anti scope attack" and "anti-boroscope"

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Stephenson View Post
    The big Chatwood grille gate lock is a dual control lock, and I also found this Milner lock and boltwork unit that came off a Milners plate nightsafe.
    The Milners might just solve a mystery for me Gary, we had some similar with brass pinion gears and matching rack bolts, but never knew who'd made them, likewise a set of similar pinions in bronze, same mesh on the teeth but gears only,no racks to match.

Thread Information