Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Keil Model 1 1/2

I have been fortunate enough to buy this workhorse.

Through research and hard effort, I've been able to keep her going for the 8 years I've owned it, and only needed to put through about a 1000 keys.
    For some apartment buildings, I do maintenance for.

Now I'm at the stage of fixing her up for another decade of light use by a non-locksmith.

So far I've identified, she was produced in by Keil NH.
    I've obtained a new ILCO cutter, downloaded the US patent, as well as found an ILCO 2183HM parts diagram.

I am hoping someone can steer me to other information sources, or a copy of the manual. I have considered simon-says.net, but not being a locksmith, limits what valuable info I can get from it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by malvoisin View Post

I am hoping someone can steer me to other information sources, or a copy of the manual. I have considered simon-says.net, but not being a locksmith, limits what valuable info I can get from it.

Thanks
    I am a member of Simon-Says. PM me and I will send you the exploded view and parts list. Note that this machine is long obsolete and few if any parts are likely to be extant.

Pete Schifferli

Thread Information