Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Milner 212 Double door help please

Hi guys,
    It has been quite some time since I have posted but here I go. I am currently restoring a Milner safe. It is 1200 high x 900 x 900 two door. The serial number is 171543 which is the same number that is on the lock itself. The bolt has "Milner Liverpool & London" in that order. I am aging this at around 1885???
    Unfortunately the safe has been cut open with both cutting disks and heat. I have removed the back panels and all of the alum crystals/sawdust and also the two doors (no easy feat!)
    FYI the doors are 45 kg each and the safe with no back, doors or fire retardant is approximately 300 - 350 kg so all up its a pretty hefty unit. So I am missing one knob and one brass plate but worst of all is someone has gassed the lock. As per the photos I have rebuilt all the levers (one still to be machined) but the main block is not repairable (apologies for the photo). I have had the entire safe sand blasted and etch primed. Can anyone shed some light of where I could source a replacement lock in the UK as they are not a common thing here in NZ but I see these safes all over e bay in UK. I am comfortable that I can obtain the brass plate and handle via e bay.
    I would be happy to pay 100 pound plus shipping for all three pieces.
    Any feed back would be much appreciated

Kind regards

Wayne

paperclip Attached Thumbnailsattachmentphp?attachmentid17917&ampstc1&ampthumb1&ampd1496031704 attachmentphp?attachmentid17918&ampstc1&ampthumb1&ampd1496031704 attachmentphp?attachmentid17919&ampstc1&ampthumb1&ampd1496031704 attachmentphp?attachmentid17920&ampstc1&ampthumb1&ampd1496031704 attachmentphp?attachmentid17921&ampstc1&ampthumb1&ampd1496031704

Safes Strongrooms & Vaults

Ouch, that's nasty, but great that you're giving it a new lease of life.
    For the lock and parts it's worth giving the forum sponsor a try: http://emorlands.com/mobile1/index.html

Milners locks are around in large numbers but there are variations so finding one the right age that's an exact match might be tricky.
    I mentioned this in a recent thread that it's possible to have a small boxful of donor locks which look identical by eye but which all vary slightly on the keyway, bolt and fixing holes. As you say the plates, escutcheons and handles frequently appear on eBay so shouldn't be a problem.

Heres the serial numbers/dates list here on HoL:
    https://www.antique-locks.com/showth...hp/2751-Milner

Attachments not working for me ..

Thanks Huw, I will indeed try the forum sponsor. I appreciate your response.
    Kind regards
    Wayne

Thread Information