Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by David Hovey View Post
    I have Q1 thru Q12 and I don't know what the code range was. I do know that this seems to be the rarest code series of them all.

DH
    David,

I’m finding that to be true. I’ve poked through several threads and posts including some very helpful ones from Pete but believe the series goes up to 36. I have not found any of the Q series ward/lever cuts diagrams.

I’ve managed to track down keys for the 18 P series Corbin locks in my house but this one Q lock is providing quite the challenge.

Good news is all of the door hardware including locks has been cleaned of 90 years of paint and re-installed on stripped/painted doors. Now that we have doors everywhere again, Mrs. PC is happy and I can take my time finding this last treasure.

Thanks

PC

Just missed a batch of 80 Corbin Skeleton keys on eBay; went for $86 plus $8 shipping. The batch was all on a ring but looked like P, R and a couple other type I couldn’t identify. Hopefully it went to one of the reseller and they’ll list any Q series they found.

I placed a bid for at $85 at 4 seconds to go but got outgunned at 2 seconds. Probably best since I dont need 2 extra sets of P series for my house.

Quote Originally Posted by PC7060 View Post
    Just missed a batch of 80 Corbin Skeleton keys on eBay; went for $86 plus $8 shipping. The batch was all on a ring but looked like P, R and a couple other type I couldn’t identify. Hopefully it went to one of the reseller and they’ll list any Q series they found.

I placed a bid for at $85 at 4 seconds to go but got outgunned at 2 seconds. Probably best since I dont need 2 extra sets of P series for my house.
    For future reference, if you are not familiar with it; try to "snipe" bid items with Myibidder.com, has worked well for me in the past, link to Firefox version here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...rc=recommended

Pete Schifferli

Great tip, Pete, thanks! I’ll give it a try.

Good timing, I just bought sets of four Corbin locks on eBay for a and it would have been nice to set and forget using the tool.

Got the locks for a good price; included knobs and trim hardware. Plan on using for spare parts but had to laugh when I saw the lock are all Q series.

May be considered blasphemous but I’m considering modify one lock to use a Corbin P 7 key. One of my P7 locks has a broken side plate and if the plates from the spares don’t fit I’ll need to replace the lock with one of these.

Thread Information