Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who produced the largest safe plaque?

I wonder if anybody has the largest Chubb plaque and would post a picture? Or even what is the largest safe plaque produced by any maker? My largest plaque is the Chatwood double lock that I have pictured. As I am not in the trade I suppose you guys may possibly have seen something on one of the large walk in vaults that I would never have the opportunity to see. Any pictures would really make a sad man happy! Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1067.JPG  

largest one I can remember seeing was from a chatwood diamond, I have one of the straight plates somewhere, but not one of the crucifix ones which would have been even larger. If I can dig it out I will put up a picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chattyy.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	17834You can see a larger Chatwood in the background to the left but this Ratner is somewhat larger if size is everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gordon View Post

Name:	chattyy.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	17834You can see a larger Chatwood in the background to the left but this Ratner is somewhat larger if size is everything...
    That's a pretty big Ratner plaque but the Chatwood in the background looks more interesting! I would certainly not like either dropped on my toes. I like the circular ones in front too. There was a set of them on eBay last year but they were asking too much for my budget to stretch to. I now officially have plaque envy after seeing your examples Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren63 View Post
    That's a pretty big Ratner plaque but the Chatwood in the background looks more interesting! I would certainly not like either dropped on my toes. I like the circular ones in front too. There was a set of them on eBay last year but they were asking too much for my budget to stretch to. I now officially have plaque envy after seeing your examples Tom.

Name:	post1280838489001486669256-1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	17847

Like these? Typically off crane hinged doors.
    The Chatwood behind is a double keyhole (I only have one of the locks though) and was fitted at 90 degrees to as shown -off an exhibition safe.

Yes they're the ones. There were 3 of them and were described as coming off the crane hinged door. They had the circular handle along with them for sale. They were all split apart in the end and sold in seperate lots. They look well on your garage doors though I must admit.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Warren63 View Post
    Yes they're the ones. There were 3 of them and were described as coming off the crane hinged door. They had the circular handle along with them for sale. They were all split apart in the end and sold in seperate lots. They look well on your garage doors though I must admit.
    Garage doors?
    That is just my gardener's toilet

Of course it is! Where I come from your toilet is worth about £500 pcm Tom 😃

and a proper padlock and padbar to stop the staff escaping!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Stephenson View Post
    and a proper padlock and padbar to stop the staff escaping!
    No doubt his night watchman keeps lookout as well! ( from the turrets).

Thread Information