Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by safeman View Post
    Warren, I resisted the temptation to mention this yesterday but since no one else has commented - here goes.
    Your Lingham plate could be an interesting conversation piece as the words Linghan and Lingam refer to the male organ of generation.
    Attachment 19039
    I can't imagine that when Safes Ltd decided on this name that they were being cocky, but more likely they wanted to associate the strength of their safe with Lignum Vitae, the strongest of hardwoods.
    I dunno about that Safeman ! Sounds like a load of old balls to me ! (Boom boom)

Hi all, I’ve just acquired another version of this plaque. It’s the same as the one I posted a picture of attached to the red safe last week. It’s of far better quality than the original one that I started this post with. It hasn’t been cleaned and retains all its original patina IMHO. Thanks men.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 04C7ED95-AE2D-4154-B95E-E4EE4FF7AAA2.jpg   4167D313-CC46-43E7-84C1-DB866D7D0B60.jpg   0BF07AFD-70E1-42BE-8413-B2CFDB342642.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Warren63 View Post
    Hi all, I’ve just acquired another version of this plaque. It’s the same as the one I posted a picture of attached to the red safe last week. It’s of far better quality than the original one that I started this post with. It hasn’t been cleaned and retains all its original patina IMHO. Thanks men.
    It's not the same - it is a much more unusual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gordon View Post
    It's not the same - it is a much more unusual one.
    It’s not a brilliant picture but seems pretty much the same to me tom 😋 ! or do you have a better picture you could enlighten me with? I bow down to your knowledge every time mate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20529926-5A5D-4453-8522-2BACC2A702D0.jpeg   7E3F7081-4A79-4D86-8E03-59DBF82A31A0.jpg  

I dont want to baffle you with technical terms but it has a bit on the top!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gordon View Post
    I dont want to baffle you with technical terms but it has a bit on the top!
    Sorry, not very good at explaining myself regrettably. I meant this latest plaque is the same as the one on the red safe picture I posted last week and not the original plaque that started the debate. You’ll have to excuse me because I take a fair amount of medication for pain so I can quite easily confuse myself along with anyone else who listens to my ramblings 🙃

Thread Information