Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks for the effort Nathan.
    Are you interested in selling any of those key blanks?
    If so, PM me and give details. I live in Toronto, Canada.
    I am not in a position to make new keys for these locks yet as I'm only starting to get a handle on the technique of how to impression keys and I wouldn't want to ruin hard to come by key blanks.
    I have read a lot and watched a number of videos but have only tried it a couple of times. I'm waiting for key blanks for a few Master Locks that I have and them will try on more advanced and more difficult locks.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanbonstein View Post
    pete,your right on the smaller one is a 1013E the larger lock can use a 1014 with the top shoulder removed. not sure of the original blank # with only one shoulder.
    I believe all the variations of Ilco 1014 have two shoulders. It is available in a longer 6-pin version, 1014A; and was also made in 7-pin, 1014AA; but that one is l-o-n-g obsolete.

Pete

mailed about 30 minutes ago. take your time and enjoy.
    this 877 is next

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1492796740221.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	17671

Quote Originally Posted by nathanbonstein View Post
    mailed about 30 minutes ago. take your time and enjoy.
    this 877 is next

Name:	1492796740221.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	17671
    Thanks you very much Nathan.
    That is a nice lock.
    How long does it take you to make a key for it?
    I have a number of the Yale Standard padlocks in various sizes, some open and some locked.
    I am struggling to learn how to pick them. I have read the write up in Lauren's book and a couple of others on the internet but still can't open them. It sounds so easy when one reads a write up on the procedure.
    I'm still in the early learning stages but the struggle is fun though discouraging at times.

some pick easier than others,but needto be picked for dissassembly, if you impression the blank then they do not hasve to come apart unless there is a problem. on this site i seem to recall a break down of the 853 standard. to me the gentleman did a very nice job and his details were great.
    this 877 had no key and the locking spring is broken .

Quote Originally Posted by candado3 View Post
    Thanks for the effort Nathan.
    Are you interested in selling any of those key blanks?
    If so, PM me and give details. I live in Toronto, Canada.
    I am not in a position to make new keys for these locks yet as I'm only starting to get a handle on the technique of how to impression keys and I wouldn't want to ruin hard to come by key blanks.
    I have read a lot and watched a number of videos but have only tried it a couple of times. I'm waiting for key blanks for a few Master Locks that I have and them will try on more advanced and more difficult locks.
    The laminated Master padlocks are not always easy. There are many experienced locksmiths who have trouble with them.
    BBE.

Quote Originally Posted by BBE View Post
    The laminated Master padlocks are not always easy. There are many experienced locksmiths who have trouble with them.
    BBE.
    So BBE, which padlocks would you recommend that a person begin with when starting out to hone their skills in impressioning?

Quote Originally Posted by candado3 View Post
    So BBE, which padlocks would you recommend that a person begin with when starting out to hone their skills in impressioning?
    Any solid body, non-high security padlock should be fine. Just stay away from laminated locks that have a floating cylinder.
    BBE.

Default Help in identifying key blank for small Eagle PTPK padlocks

BBE was right about Master Padlock. Sometime it will work if can pick the lock open and feel the pin of which is longer pin or shorter pin to get the cut There also some American padlock are hard to do too......Timothy......

looking for other eagle padlocks with same keyway,only found one i had but it takes the 1014--ea1. it is not a push key ,plug sure looks the same as your keyway ? i have a few blank #s for eagle ,if you can look them up in a book and compare them with your keyway,PM me and i'll send it to you

Name:	CAM00768.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	320.8 KB 
ID:	17756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00766.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	368.2 KB 
ID:	17757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00767.jpg 
Size:	366.8 KB 
ID:	17758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00769.jpg 
Size:	363.1 KB 
ID:	17759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00770.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	301.5 KB 
ID:	17760

Thread Information